4 Benefits of Commercial Power Washing
Built-up dirt and grime can wreak havoc on commercial buildings, giving them a worn-down appearance and causing long-term structural damage if left unattended.
Power washing is an effective and safe way to give your property’s exteriors – including walls and paved walkways – a facelift, leaving them thoroughly cleaned and refreshing their appearance.
Check out these four benefits of power washing your commercial building:
1. Boost Your Building’s Curb Appeal
Up to 70% of visitors will make their buying decisions after they walk through the front door, which makes your building’s exterior appearance as important as what happens inside.
Power washing is a cost-effective way to restore your commercial building’s appearance, giving visitors a positive first impression and getting them through the front door.
2. Prevent Injuries and Illness
Trips and falls are the third largest cause of time-loss injuries in Canada. In high-traffic areas, it’s important to remove hazardous grime before someone – whether an employee or visitor – suffers a serious slip.
It’s also important to remove built-up pollutants like mold, pollen, and bird droppings. If left unattended, they can cause breathing troubles, allergies, and respiratory diseases for a building’s residents and guests.
3. Wash Away Built-Up Grime to Maintain Commercial Buildings
Grime not only looks unattractive, but can also cause structural damage.
Troublesome buildups include:
- Bird droppings, which have a pH between 3 and 4.5 (on par with vinegar) and can eat away at wood, metal, stone, and tar-based materials.
- De-icing salt, which should be cleaned up in the spring to prevent the acidic buildups and runoff from wearing away at concrete, metal, and wood.
- Mold and mildew, which can become difficult to remove or permanently discolour the building if left uncleaned.
Regularly cleaning built-up dirt, mildew, and pollutants can help maintain your commercial property and protect it from premature wear-and-tear.
4. Power Wash to Guarantee a Complete Clean
High-pressure power washing is the most time- and cost-effective way to tackle a variety of outdoor surfaces, including:
- Vinyl and aluminum siding
- Stone-clad, concrete, brick, and cinderblock walls
- Walkways and sidewalks (concrete or blacktop)
- Parking garages (elevated or underground)
- Dumpster areas (to disinfect and remove odours)
- Facades and awnings
High-pressure washing easily cuts through the most stubborn dirt, making it easy to clean large areas in a flash.
Working with the Right Cleaning Professionals
Keep your building looking its best by sticking to a regular power washing schedule, removing dirt and grime before problems crop up.
Professional cleaning companies have the experience, equipment, and teams to get the job done right and guarantee a safe, effective, and thorough clean.
Rely on Sunshine’s mobile power washing crew to power away built-up dirt and grime. Sunshine Building Maintenance members are fully bonded and supervised by Sunshine management. Contact us today for a quote.
More from Sunshine:
- The Advantages of Green Cleaning for Commercial Buildings and Public Facilities
- Is Your Building Ready for Spring? Get Clean Exteriors with Power Washing
- Why Your Building Needs Day Porter Services
- Sunshine: Building A Commercial Cleaning and Maintenance Legacy - August 20, 2018
- How to Stay on Top of Summer Floor Care and Maintenance - July 10, 2018
- Celebrate World Environment Day by Prioritizing Green Cleaning! - June 5, 2018
- Preparing Schools for Cleaning and Maintenance During the Summer - May 22, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 4 Years with No Lost Time Injuries! - May 5, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter - March 28, 2018
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017