Cleaning and Maintenance for Schools during Summer Break
It’s summer time! Kids are out of school, enjoying their months of freedom before heading back in the fall.
When educational facilities – schools, campuses, etc. – are empty (or less busy) during the summer, it’s the ideal time for a thorough cleaning initiative. Schools that aren’t packed with students allow janitorial cleaners to get a lot more done and use their maintenance resources most effectively.
Key Areas to Clean over the Summer
September always arrives quickly, so it’s important for your janitorial company to have a well-defined plan to guide their cleaning efforts. You must make sure all of the crucial elements are addressed.
Here are key areas to have cleaned and serviced over the summer:
- Kitchen facilities
- Lounge areas/Common areas (including furniture)
- Gym and showers
- Windows, doors, walls
- Stairs, hallways
- Carpets and hard floors
- Playgrounds and building exterior
- Janitorial closets (are all chemicals and products up-to-date?)
You may have more items to add to this list, depending on your particular building and priorities.
Schools and campuses require a great deal of cleaning, and with only a few months to get it done, you need a janitorial company you can rely on to be thorough and organized.
Infection Control and Health Concerns
Educational facilities are busy environments, bustling with students, teachers, caretakers, administrators, and visitors. That’s why infection control and touch point cleaning are so important – both during the regular school year and in the summer months.
Children can be particularly susceptible to toxic chemicals used in conventional cleaning products. Your professional cleaners should use non-toxic, VOC-free, environmentally safe cleaning materials to protect students’ health.
Starting the new school year with a clean building ensures a healthy learning environment for students.
>> Sunshine Building Maintenance has experience cleaning educational institutions to the standards needed to ensure the health and safety of students. Contact us today to discuss setting up a cleaning program for your educational environment.
More from Sunshine:
- The Advantages of Green Cleaning for Commercial Buildings and Public Facilities
- 5 Things Facility Managers Need to Consider for Proper Hard Floor Maintenance
- Effectively Clean Carpets with Hot Water Extraction
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 1,500,000 Hours with No Lost Time Injuries! - December 21, 2017
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017
- Put Your Hands Together (and Then Scrub with Soap and Water) for Global Handwashing Day on October 15th - October 13, 2017
- The Benefits of Day Porter/Matron Cleaning Services for Your Office - September 29, 2017
- The Real Value of a Clean Building [Infographic] - September 13, 2017
- 3 Ways a Clean Bathroom Benefits Your Business - August 30, 2017
- Have You Heard about Sunshine’s High Ceiling Cleaning Services? - August 22, 2017