Green Cleaning Resolutions for 2013
Green Seal, a non-profit environmental certification organization, has released a list of green and sustainable resolutions for 2013. We’ve added a few of our own, to make a list of things that everyone can do to work toward more sustainable and healthy cleaning:
- Use rechargeable batteries instead of conventional ones. They save money and help the environment by reducing waste.
- Use cold water to clean when possible (from washing clothes to cleaning carpets).
- Select products that meet well-established health and safety criteria of recognized third-party certification programs (Green Seal, Eco-Logo, etc.).
- Reduce water consumption.
- Unplug energy-wasting appliances and electronics when not in use.
- Repair things that are broken, don’t buy something new.
- Donate or recycle old electronics.
- Do not use ammonia-based window cleaners; instead you can try mixing 4 tbsp. lemon juice with half a gallon (8 cups) of water.
- Use a solution of 1 cup vinegar and 1 gallon of warm water to mop floors.
- Recycle – it’s a classic tip, but it’s still important!
- Don’t use air fresheners, as many contain phthalates (hormone-disrupting chemicals).
Sunshine has one objective when it comes to green cleaning: to enhance environmental health and workplace safety. We use only the best-in-class green cleaners, to make every building under our care healthier and more environmentally friendly.
>>Our commitment to green cleaning products, strategies, and practices is outlined here.
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 1,500,000 Hours with No Lost Time Injuries! - December 21, 2017
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017
- Put Your Hands Together (and Then Scrub with Soap and Water) for Global Handwashing Day on October 15th - October 13, 2017
- The Benefits of Day Porter/Matron Cleaning Services for Your Office - September 29, 2017
- The Real Value of a Clean Building [Infographic] - September 13, 2017
- 3 Ways a Clean Bathroom Benefits Your Business - August 30, 2017
- Have You Heard about Sunshine’s High Ceiling Cleaning Services? - August 22, 2017
- Choosing Sunshine as Your Preferred Consumables Supplier - June 29, 2017