Infection Prevention Case Study: St. Luke’s Hospital
Clean Link, an informational resource for cleaning industry professionals, profiled St. Luke’s Hospital in Chesterfield, Mo. This hospital has an exemplary cleaning program and dedicated staff to minimize the spread of infections throughout the facility.
St. Luke’s, which has never had an infection control outbreak, isolates a patient when they contract a ‘hospital acquired infection’ and increases cleaning frequency. They have a strict cleaning regime in place to ensure that illnesses do not spread throughout the facility.
Of particular importance are high-touch areas, or touch-points. These commonly contacted surfaces are prime areas of cross-contamination. St. Luke’s regularly uses bleach wipes on these contact points to keep them disinfected.
As mentioned in the case study, microfiber cloths should be used to clean hospitals and other healthcare facilities, as they are more hygienic than other cleaning cloths. Microfiber is able to clean more thoroughly, pick up more particles, and remove 99% of bacteria.
Our staff are fully trained in the correct procedures for healthcare facilities, and take every precaution to ensure that cross-contamination does not occur. To learn more about our healthcare facility cleaning procedures, click here.
At Sunshine, we know how to clean for vulnerable populations. We carefully select our processes, products, and equipment to provide the cleanest and safest environment for occupants of any building. We provide thorough cleaning services for educational institutions, industrial buildings, condos, commercial buildings, and offices – as well as healthcare facilities.
>> Sunshine Building Maintenance will work with you to create the ideal cleaning program for your specific needs. Contact us today!
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 1,500,000 Hours with No Lost Time Injuries! - December 21, 2017
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017
- Put Your Hands Together (and Then Scrub with Soap and Water) for Global Handwashing Day on October 15th - October 13, 2017
- The Benefits of Day Porter/Matron Cleaning Services for Your Office - September 29, 2017
- The Real Value of a Clean Building [Infographic] - September 13, 2017
- 3 Ways a Clean Bathroom Benefits Your Business - August 30, 2017
- Have You Heard about Sunshine’s High Ceiling Cleaning Services? - August 22, 2017
- Choosing Sunshine as Your Preferred Consumables Supplier - June 29, 2017