Infection Prevention Case Study: St. Luke’s Hospital
Clean Link, an informational resource for cleaning industry professionals, profiled St. Luke’s Hospital in Chesterfield, Mo. This hospital has an exemplary cleaning program and dedicated staff to minimize the spread of infections throughout the facility.
St. Luke’s, which has never had an infection control outbreak, isolates a patient when they contract a ‘hospital acquired infection’ and increases cleaning frequency. They have a strict cleaning regime in place to ensure that illnesses do not spread throughout the facility.
Of particular importance are high-touch areas, or touch-points. These commonly contacted surfaces are prime areas of cross-contamination. St. Luke’s regularly uses bleach wipes on these contact points to keep them disinfected.
As mentioned in the case study, microfiber cloths should be used to clean hospitals and other healthcare facilities, as they are more hygienic than other cleaning cloths. Microfiber is able to clean more thoroughly, pick up more particles, and remove 99% of bacteria.
Our staff are fully trained in the correct procedures for healthcare facilities, and take every precaution to ensure that cross-contamination does not occur. To learn more about our healthcare facility cleaning procedures, click here.
At Sunshine, we know how to clean for vulnerable populations. We carefully select our processes, products, and equipment to provide the cleanest and safest environment for occupants of any building. We provide thorough cleaning services for educational institutions, industrial buildings, condos, commercial buildings, and offices – as well as healthcare facilities.
>> Sunshine Building Maintenance will work with you to create the ideal cleaning program for your specific needs. Contact us today!
- Keep Your Space Clean and Safe by Washing Your Hands - October 15, 2018
- How to Prepare Your Commercial Floors for the Cold Seasons - September 25, 2018
- Sunshine: Building A Commercial Cleaning and Maintenance Legacy - August 20, 2018
- How to Stay on Top of Summer Floor Care and Maintenance - July 10, 2018
- Celebrate World Environment Day by Prioritizing Green Cleaning! - June 5, 2018
- Preparing Schools for Cleaning and Maintenance During the Summer - May 22, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 4 Years with No Lost Time Injuries! - May 5, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter - March 28, 2018
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017