Preparing Schools for Cleaning and Maintenance During the Summer
The summer is no vacation when it comes to keeping schools clean. The summer is the ideal time for a thorough cleaning initiative since educational facilities – schools, campuses, etc. – are empty (or less busy).
When the schools aren’t jam packed with students, janitorial cleaners can get a lot more done and use their maintenance resources most effectively.
What Are Some Key Areas to Target Over the Summer?
The summer goes by quickly, so it is important for your janitorial company to create a well-defined plan to guide their cleaning efforts.
Here are some key areas to have cleaned and serviced over the summer:
- Kitchen facilities
- Lounge/Common areas
- Gyms and showers
- Windows, doors, walls
- Stairs and hallways
- Carpets and hard floors
- Playground and building exterior
- Janitorial closets (are all chemicals and products up-to-date)
Depending on your building and priorities, you may have to add more items to this list.
Start the New School Year Off Right
Clean schools mean healthier children. Educational facilities can become dirty quickly, especially if not maintained by a constant, thorough cleaning schedule. Keeping schools clean is a big undertaking, so make sure you have a janitorial company you can rely on to be thorough and organized.
Starting the new school year with a clean building ensures a healthy learning environment for students.
Sunshine Building Maintenance has experience cleaning educational institutions to the standards needed to ensure the health and safety of students. Contact us today to discuss setting up a cleaning program for your educational environment.
More from Sunshine:
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter
- Have You Heard about Sunshine’s High Ceiling Cleaning Services?
- 3 Ways a Clean Bathroom Benefits Your Business
- How to Stay on Top of Summer Floor Care and Maintenance - July 10, 2018
- Celebrate World Environment Day by Prioritizing Green Cleaning! - June 5, 2018
- Preparing Schools for Cleaning and Maintenance During the Summer - May 22, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 4 Years with No Lost Time Injuries! - May 5, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter - March 28, 2018
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017
- Put Your Hands Together (and Then Scrub with Soap and Water) for Global Handwashing Day on October 15th - October 13, 2017