The Environmentally-Friendly Carpet Cleaning Products Your Cleaning Company Should Be Using
Green cleaning is important for health and safety of building occupants, as well as protecting the environment (click here to read about the importance of green cleaning). Responsible cleaning companies now take it upon themselves to ensure that their methods, products, and equipment are environmentally-friendly.
At Sunshine, our green cleaning objective is simple: to enhance environmental health and building safety.
When it comes to cleaning carpets, there are many ways to be green. Some ways are easier than others. However, cleaning with green cleaning products is really simple – every cleaning company should be doing these this to start striving toward safer, more sustainable cleaning.
Use Green-Certified Chemicals
Conventional carpet cleaning chemicals are made with ingredients that can be toxic, difficult to dispose of safely, and destructive to the environment. Some can even release Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), which linger in the air; VOCs can have an adverse impact on health, short and long term.
Green products, on the other hand, are made with non-toxic, eco-friendly ingredients that are safer for both people and the environment. If a product is certified by a reputable environmental health and safety organization, it is made with green ingredients. Green Seal and EcoLogo are examples of reliable certifications.
Green, sustainable carpet cleaning needs the support of everyone from building managers, to cleaning companies, to chemical manufacturers. Using green-certified products with environmentally-friendly ingredients is the baseline for quality carpet care that safeguards both the environment and the health of building occupants.
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 1,500,000 Hours with No Lost Time Injuries! - December 21, 2017
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017
- Put Your Hands Together (and Then Scrub with Soap and Water) for Global Handwashing Day on October 15th - October 13, 2017
- The Benefits of Day Porter/Matron Cleaning Services for Your Office - September 29, 2017
- The Real Value of a Clean Building [Infographic] - September 13, 2017
- 3 Ways a Clean Bathroom Benefits Your Business - August 30, 2017
- Have You Heard about Sunshine’s High Ceiling Cleaning Services? - August 22, 2017
- Choosing Sunshine as Your Preferred Consumables Supplier - June 29, 2017