Flu-Season Cleaning for Public Health
Influenza—or ‘the flu’—is a contagious respiratory illness caused by the influenza viruses.
The elderly, children, and people with chronic health conditions are a particularly high risk for serious flu complications.
Public Health Ontario recommends that the best way to prevent the flu is through the annual vaccination shot. After that, there are a number of effective personal preventative measures for reducing the spread of the flu, like constant and careful hand-washing and consciously avoiding touching eyes, mouth, and nose, the primary means of infection, when hand-washing isn’t possible.
Public places, like schools and office buildings, are the primary infection zones. Sunshine works hard to ensure that such infection zones are kept germ-free by eliminating the virus from the common touch-points: staircase and escalator hand-rails, elevator buttons, door handles, light switches, water faucets, and door-jambs, among many others.
The First Line of Prevention
The first line of prevention, of course, is to be conscious of what you touch, and what you do about it immediately thereafter. If you happen to touch a hand-rail, you must ensure that you do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth until after you have carefully washed your hands and dried them with a clean hand-towel.
Partnering with Sunshine for Improved Public Health
Always keep in mind that Sunshine is only on your premises once per day. Any surface can become infected—until we can get back in there to disinfect! Partner up with Sunshine to ensure your own good health and the health safety of our community by (1) regular and proper hand-washing; (2) covering your mouth when sneezing and coughing; and (3) avoid touching your face until you’ve washed your hands.
Doing so means that we all help to reduce the spread of the flu. Sunshine will take care of the rest by vigorously disinfecting your public touch-points. A dedicated touch-point cleaning effort can keep infections to a minimum and help maintain the health of your building’s visitors. Touch-point cleaning will not only help keep your business visitors healthy, it also helps reduce your staff’s sick days, helping your bottom-line.
>> To learn more about how Sunshine can develop an effective touch-point cleaning strategy for your office or institutional environment, click here!
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 1,500,000 Hours with No Lost Time Injuries! - December 21, 2017
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017
- Put Your Hands Together (and Then Scrub with Soap and Water) for Global Handwashing Day on October 15th - October 13, 2017
- The Benefits of Day Porter/Matron Cleaning Services for Your Office - September 29, 2017
- The Real Value of a Clean Building [Infographic] - September 13, 2017
- 3 Ways a Clean Bathroom Benefits Your Business - August 30, 2017
- Have You Heard about Sunshine’s High Ceiling Cleaning Services? - August 22, 2017
- Choosing Sunshine as Your Preferred Consumables Supplier - June 29, 2017