Proper Hard Floor Cleaning and Maintenance – Part One
Proper hard floor cleaning and on-going maintenance of hard floor surfaces can enhance their appearance and prolong their life.
In this post, we provide information about Marmoleum flooring as well as tips and advice on how this hard floor surface should be cared for.
Marmoleum is an all-natural product composed primarily of linseed oil. It contains pigments, which are by-products of sustainably harvested wood and jute fabric. The material is dyed throughout, and as a result the colours maintain their brightness and resist fading.
No toxins are used in the process and the flooring does not release any volatile chemicals. Adhesives used to install Marmoleum are also non-toxic, which make this an eco-friendly flooring option.
Marmoleum also has hygienic benefits. According to Living Green Magazine, it has natural anti-bacterial properties that hinder the growth of harmful micro-organisms because of the on-going oxidation of the linseed oil. This makes Marmoleum an ideal choice for sterile environments.
How to care for Marmoleum:
The dye used in the colouring of marmoleum is susceptible to high pH. This will cause bleeding to occur when it is exposed to strippers and heavy-duty cleaners.
To avoid this exposure, sealers that require strong strippers for removal should not be used, and it is therefore important to select the right type of sealer to protect marmoleum surfaces.
When removing sealer material, it is best to use low pH strippers and to rinse the surface well. Once stripped, sufficient coats of finishing product must be applied.
Important Facts to Remember About Marmoleum:
• Marmoleum is an environmentally-friendly choice
• Marmoleum is dyed and resists fading
• Marmoleum requires a low pH stripper when being removed
• Marmoleum requires numerous coats of finishing product
Sunshine Building Maintenance offers Hard Flooring Cleaning programs designed to maintain the appearance and extend the life of your hard flooring surfaces.
If you would like additional information about these programs, please contact us at 905-335-2020 or email us at email@example.com.
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter - March 28, 2018
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 1,500,000 Hours with No Lost Time Injuries! - December 21, 2017
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017
- Put Your Hands Together (and Then Scrub with Soap and Water) for Global Handwashing Day on October 15th - October 13, 2017
- The Benefits of Day Porter/Matron Cleaning Services for Your Office - September 29, 2017
- The Real Value of a Clean Building [Infographic] - September 13, 2017
- 3 Ways a Clean Bathroom Benefits Your Business - August 30, 2017