Highly Effective Vacuuming Tips for Different Areas in Your Building
Keeping your carpets well-maintained is essential for a clean, attractive, and hygienic building. Without regular cleaning, carpets will collect dirt and debris; they will be stained and require a costly replacement. Avoid this with a careful carpet cleaning schedule implemented by professionals who use appropriate and effective techniques.
For larger areas in your building, a wider upright vacuum or backpack vacuum is ideal.
If using the wide upright vacuum, make sure it has one pass cleaning ability – a dual-motor upright vacuum, for example. Then, vacuum in overlapping parallel rows. A back and forth motion does not serve as well in a larger area.
If using the backpack vacuum, the best approach is to sweep the aluminum wand in a wide arc. Twisting at the waist, sweep the wand over the area. This technique is quick and effective.
Small areas are the simplest to vacuum. For these spaces, use a back and forth motion spreading out from one spot.
High Soil Load Areas
These are the most crucial places to keep clean. A rigorous maintenance schedule of high soil load carpet areas will help keep the rest of your building clean by preventing dirt from moving to other locations.
High soil load areas are places like:
- The first 12 meters inside your facility’s entryway
- Elevators and elevator waiting areas
- Outside restrooms
- Carpeted stairwells
- Floor transition areas (e.g. from hard flooring to carpet)
- Gathering points, such as copiers
These areas need concentrated vacuuming and cleaning to ensure a high standard of appearance. Any method that agitates the soil from the carpet and removes it is recommended. This can mean anything from a vacuum with a brush bar, to the bonnet shampooing method.
The Bottom Line
Carpets need to be treated with the right products, the right techniques, and the right equipment. Your facility needs a dedicated cleaning company who knows the best way to approach different carpeted areas, so that you will see the best results.
>> Sunshine Building Maintenance will work with you to create a carpet cleaning plan that meets your facility’s needs. Contact us today to get started.
More on carpet cleaning from Sunshine:
3 Carpet Cleaning Methods You Need to Use This Winter
The Environmentally-Friendly Carpet Cleaning Products Your Cleaning Company Should Be Using
How to Keep Stains Off Your Carpets with Preventative Cleaning
- Keep Your Space Clean and Safe by Washing Your Hands - October 15, 2018
- How to Prepare Your Commercial Floors for the Cold Seasons - September 25, 2018
- Sunshine: Building A Commercial Cleaning and Maintenance Legacy - August 20, 2018
- How to Stay on Top of Summer Floor Care and Maintenance - July 10, 2018
- Celebrate World Environment Day by Prioritizing Green Cleaning! - June 5, 2018
- Preparing Schools for Cleaning and Maintenance During the Summer - May 22, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 4 Years with No Lost Time Injuries! - May 5, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter - March 28, 2018
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017