National Handwashing Awareness Week
Dec. 2nd – Dec. 8th, 2012 is National Handwashing Awareness Week in the USA. Here at Sunshine, we’ve decided to observe this event by reviewing some handy hygiene tips. After all, handwashing is easy and quick, and it is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of illnesses.
When to Wash?
- Before and after preparing or eating food
- Before and after treating someone with an illness or wound
- After contact with waste (garbage, the toilet, animal cleanup, etc…)
- After blowing your nose, sneezing, coughing, or touching your face
- After handling money
How to Wash?
- Wet hands with warm running water
- Apply soap (liquid soaps are more hygienic than bar soaps)
- Rub hands together for at least 20 seconds, scrubbing all areas
- Rinse hands under running water
- Thoroughly dry hands with a clean towel, or air dry
- Turn off the tap with the towel (to avoid picking up new germs)
Why to Wash?
- Prevent common illnesses, like the cold
- Prevent serious illnesses, like meningitis
- Avoid the spread of infectious diseases
- Overall cleanliness
>>> If you wash your hands and let us handle the surfaces that people frequently touch, together we’ll have bacteria under control. Check out our Touch Point Cleaning Services to find out more.
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 1,500,000 Hours with No Lost Time Injuries! - December 21, 2017
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017
- Put Your Hands Together (and Then Scrub with Soap and Water) for Global Handwashing Day on October 15th - October 13, 2017
- The Benefits of Day Porter/Matron Cleaning Services for Your Office - September 29, 2017
- The Real Value of a Clean Building [Infographic] - September 13, 2017
- 3 Ways a Clean Bathroom Benefits Your Business - August 30, 2017
- Have You Heard about Sunshine’s High Ceiling Cleaning Services? - August 22, 2017
- Choosing Sunshine as Your Preferred Consumables Supplier - June 29, 2017