National Handwashing Awareness Week
Dec. 2nd – Dec. 8th, 2012 is National Handwashing Awareness Week in the USA. Here at Sunshine, we’ve decided to observe this event by reviewing some handy hygiene tips. After all, handwashing is easy and quick, and it is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of illnesses.
When to Wash?
- Before and after preparing or eating food
- Before and after treating someone with an illness or wound
- After contact with waste (garbage, the toilet, animal cleanup, etc…)
- After blowing your nose, sneezing, coughing, or touching your face
- After handling money
How to Wash?
- Wet hands with warm running water
- Apply soap (liquid soaps are more hygienic than bar soaps)
- Rub hands together for at least 20 seconds, scrubbing all areas
- Rinse hands under running water
- Thoroughly dry hands with a clean towel, or air dry
- Turn off the tap with the towel (to avoid picking up new germs)
Why to Wash?
- Prevent common illnesses, like the cold
- Prevent serious illnesses, like meningitis
- Avoid the spread of infectious diseases
- Overall cleanliness
>>> If you wash your hands and let us handle the surfaces that people frequently touch, together we’ll have bacteria under control. Check out our Touch Point Cleaning Services to find out more.
- Keep Your Space Clean and Safe by Washing Your Hands - October 15, 2018
- How to Prepare Your Commercial Floors for the Cold Seasons - September 25, 2018
- Sunshine: Building A Commercial Cleaning and Maintenance Legacy - August 20, 2018
- How to Stay on Top of Summer Floor Care and Maintenance - July 10, 2018
- Celebrate World Environment Day by Prioritizing Green Cleaning! - June 5, 2018
- Preparing Schools for Cleaning and Maintenance During the Summer - May 22, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 4 Years with No Lost Time Injuries! - May 5, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter - March 28, 2018
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017