Slow Release: VOCs and Your Office Environment
Sunshine doesn’t just clean your organization’s workspaces for surface dust. We clean for your tenants’ and workers’ health, too. As one component of our eight Stewardship Principles—“Minimize Exposure”—Sunshine endeavours to “reduce human exposure to harmful contaminants and cleaning residues.”
To ensure that your facility enjoys superior indoor air quality, Sunshine always safeguards that “areas where work is being done has adequate ventilation, exposure of cleaning products to building occupants minimized, and, whenever possible, that our cleaning products used be the most environmentally preferable to accomplish the task.”
Many contemporary office buildings have potentially poor indoor air quality from the ongoing, gradual release of VOCs, or Volatile Organic Compounds, which are slowly emitted from cleaning products after use and while standing still in storage.
VOCs include a variety of chemicals, but are also found in paints and lacquers, paint strippers, cleaning supplies, pesticides, building materials and furnishings, office equipment such as copiers and printers, correction fluids and carbonless copy paper, graphics and craft materials including glues and adhesives, permanent markers, and photographic solutions.
It’s not just cleaning products that emit VOCs and which are hazardous to respiratory health over the long term. Many office supplies contribute to the overall index of poor indoor air quality.
Sunshine is dedicated to improving the indoor air quality of all the indoor environments that we clean. This is why we endeavour to use products that are either extremely low in VOCs or contain none at all.
Sunshine is committed to excellence in cleaning all environments, organizational and institutional, with only the most environmentally responsible of products and equipment.
>> Contact us today to discover how we can transform your workplace with the use of green-cleaning.
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 1,500,000 Hours with No Lost Time Injuries! - December 21, 2017
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017
- Put Your Hands Together (and Then Scrub with Soap and Water) for Global Handwashing Day on October 15th - October 13, 2017
- The Benefits of Day Porter/Matron Cleaning Services for Your Office - September 29, 2017
- The Real Value of a Clean Building [Infographic] - September 13, 2017
- 3 Ways a Clean Bathroom Benefits Your Business - August 30, 2017
- Have You Heard about Sunshine’s High Ceiling Cleaning Services? - August 22, 2017
- Choosing Sunshine as Your Preferred Consumables Supplier - June 29, 2017