Healthcare Cleaning Services
Healthcare facilities, including clinics, hospitals,Â long-term care units, and retirement residences, require particularly rigorous cleaning care and treatment. Infection control, safety, and a fresh, pleasant environment are all important considerations. Sunshine Building Maintenance adheres to all Ontario Hospital Cleaning Standards and meets or exceeds all guidelines set by the Provincial Infectious Diseases Advisory Committee (PIDAC) for maintaining the highest level of cleanliness in healthcare operations.
All procedures, techniques, equipment and cleaning/disinfectant products are selected and maintained to provide the cleanest and safest environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
These best practices include:
- Use of only approved equipment, products and procedures
- Training and continued education of all Sunshine staff in proper procedures
- Setting and maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules
- Continued audits and measurements of cleaning and disinfection
- Close consultation and communication with all government, health and administrative entities to ensure a continued high level of cleaning
Since healthcare facilities combine both the challenges of high-traffic buildings and areas at high risk for cross-infection, the cleaning and maintenance model adhered to by Sunshine is designed to provide strict standards of cleanliness and safety, while still providing a comfortable environment.
- FrequentÂ touch point disinfection
- Segregation of equipment in building zones to prevent cross-contamination
- Appropriate handling of bedding and other durable materials
- The use of noise-reduced equipment
- The use of only volatile organic compound (VOC) free, fragrance free and dye free cleaning materials
The Sunshine cleaning staff assigned to healthcare facilities are specially trained to understand and follow all procedures and requirements for this important work.
All of our cleaning team members are fully bonded and supervised by Sunshine management personnel.
Areas we serve for healthcare cleaning services:
- Peel: Mississauga & Brampton
- Halton: Oakville, Burlington, Milton & Halton Hills
- Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Dundas, & Ancaster
- Niagara Falls, St. Catharines & Welland
- Cambridge & Guelph
- Haldimand County
(Photo Via: Health Design Magazine)