4 Reasons You Need to Clean Your Carpets This Spring
After an often unpredictable winter, spring has finally sprung in Southern Ontario—bringing the blooming flowers, budding trees, and singing birds we’ve been craving. Do your carpets look ready to welcome the new season, or are they still clinging to too much of their wintertime grime?
Keep reading to learn the four benefits of giving your carpets a deep cleaning this spring:
1. Reduce the Spread of Indoor Allergens
Soiled carpets can trap not only dirt and debris, but also contaminants like mold, mildew, and allergens. Spending more time inside (particularly on chilly, rainy days) means more opportunities to be exposed to these allergy- and illness-inducing pollutants.
2. Promote Quicker Drying Times for Your Carpets
There are two factors you can take advantage of during the springtime:
- Lower Levels of Humidity: Although winter is the driest season in Southern Ontario, it’s not until early June that we see those dreaded “muggy” days when humidity regularly exceeds 40%. Having less moisture in the air makes it easier for water in recently cleaned carpets to evaporate quickly.
- Open Windows: There’s nothing better than letting the fresh spring air in, encouraging it to circulate around the room. Keep in mind, though, that you’ll want any window you open to have a screen in order to prevent airborne debris (leaves, twigs, etc.) from creating an unwanted mess.
Helping your carpet dry faster means you’ll be able to re-open freshly cleaned flooring sooner without needing to worry about mildew or mold developing.
3. Help Your Carpets Live Longer
Whether it’s the melting slush or corrosive salts, winter is a hard time of year for carpets. Letting soils accumulate will only turn them into unsightly stains and make them harder to remove down the road.
Regularly and proactively cleaning your carpets is the key to keeping them looking and performing their best all year round.
4. Create Healthier Spaces for Your Building’s Occupants
Ultimately, a clean building is a healthier one. Staying on top of indoor carpet care—especially after the wintertime—will help keep anyone living or working in your building happy and in good health.
Do You Have the Right Carpet Cleaning Program in Place?
To keep your building and its carpets clean, you need to ensure you have a suitable carpet care regimen set up:
- Vacuum your carpets regularly to get rid of any dirt, dust, or moisture that has built up.
- Use good matting to capture moisture and dirt at the door, stopping it before it’s tracked inside and onto your carpets.
- Perform routine maintenance (including spot cleaning) to address issues like spills before they become more permanent stains.
- Carry out deep cleaning using solvent-free cleaners to more effectively remove grime, leaving your carpets looking and smelling refreshing.
Work with your professional cleaning company to determine the type of carpet care program (frequency, equipment used, etc.) that will be best for your building.
Sunshine is prepared to handle any carpet cleaning needs, including preventative programs and corrective maintenance. Our commercial carpet cleaning technicians are fully bonded and certified under the “Clean Trust Certification” Program. Contact us today to discuss your cleaning needs!
Read more on Carpet Cleaning from Sunshine Building Maintenance:
- 5 Ways to Keep Hard Floors and Carpets Clean This Winter
- Identifying and Preventing Slip, Trip, and Fall Hazards
- Benefits of Day Porter Services for Your Building
- Sunshine: Building A Commercial Cleaning and Maintenance Legacy - August 20, 2018
- How to Stay on Top of Summer Floor Care and Maintenance - July 10, 2018
- Celebrate World Environment Day by Prioritizing Green Cleaning! - June 5, 2018
- Preparing Schools for Cleaning and Maintenance During the Summer - May 22, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 4 Years with No Lost Time Injuries! - May 5, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter - March 28, 2018
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017