Benefits of Day Porter Services for Your Building
The busier the building, the dirtier it can get. Visitors buzz through lobbies to catch a cab outside. Shoppers circle through stores to find the perfect present. Employees move back and forth between rooms, catching up with co-workers and attending meetings. That can be a lot of activity to keep up with, which is where a day porter can come into play – helping you keep your building refreshed throughout the day.
Check out these benefits of getting day porter services for your building:
1. Make a Positive First Impression
Over half of all visitors make buying decisions after walking through the front door, which is why your building’s first impression matters. Day porters take care of issues that crop up during the day – like looking after lobbies and washrooms – to make your building an inviting place to be.
2. Boost Overall Productivity
A clean workplace is a productive one. One study revealed a 5% productivity gain for offices taking effective action to put a priority on cleanliness.
A clean space helps to boost productivity by:
- Minimizing Distractions: Dirty environments can be distracting, especially if workers feel compelled to perform day-to-day tasks like emptying the garbage or restocking towels in the bathroom.
- Reducing Spread of Sicknesses: Regular cleaning prevents illness-causing bacteria and germs from festering. In Canada alone, sick days cost the economy over $16 billion every year.
3. Reduce Reliance on Overnight Cleaning Crews
Do you have a spill on your hands? If you have a day porter, you don’t have to worry about it!
Day porters are there to handle cleaning and maintenance jobs including spot cleaning, replacing bulbs, and more. Having someone to take care of these things during the day can mean evening and overnight cleaning crews can focus their efforts on bigger, noisier tasks – like carpet and upholstery cleaning.
4. Customize Cleaning Services to Meet Your Needs
Is your building home to a high-traffic lobby? Do you have bathrooms frequently used by customers? You’ll be able to work with your cleaning company to identify high-priority areas, writing them into the job description for your day porter so they know where to focus their attention.
5. Day Porters Perform a Variety of Services
Whatever your cleaning needs, there’s a day porter for that!
A day porter’s duties often include things like:
- Keeping common areas like lobbies clean.
- Freshening washrooms and re-stocking them when necessary.
- Carrying out minor maintenance tasks like replacing burnt out lightbulbs.
- Cleaning kitchens and breakrooms before or after busy periods.
- Preparing conference rooms before meetings.
- Doing touch-point cleaning to keep the environment healthy.
- Responding to spills and other cleaning emergencies.
- Clearing litter and other debris from parking lots and entrances.
Day porters are there to make things easier and cleaner for you – keeping your building looking its best all day, every day.
At Sunshine, we’re a professional team with a personal touch. All of our cleaning team members are fully bonded and supervised by Sunshine management personnel. Contact us today to discuss your cleaning needs!
More on Day Porter/Matron Services from Sunshine:
- What are Day Porter (or Day Matron) Cleaning Services?
- How Often Should You Clean Your Office?
- 5 Tips for Choosing the Right Commercial Cleaning Company
- Celebrate World Environment Day by Prioritizing Green Cleaning! - June 5, 2018
- Preparing Schools for Cleaning and Maintenance During the Summer - May 22, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 4 Years with No Lost Time Injuries! - May 5, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter - March 28, 2018
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017
- Put Your Hands Together (and Then Scrub with Soap and Water) for Global Handwashing Day on October 15th - October 13, 2017
- The Benefits of Day Porter/Matron Cleaning Services for Your Office - September 29, 2017