5 Tips for Choosing the Right Commercial Cleaning Company
As a property owner or facility manager, it’s important to thoroughly research the professional cleaning companies you’re considering to ensure you choose a reputable company to deliver a superior clean. With the options available to you, how can you be confident you’re making the right choice?
1. Look for an Established, Experienced Commercial Cleaning Company
Focus on companies that are:
- Well established, having been in the cleaning business for a number of years and possessing the skills and experience to ensure a thorough clean.
- Qualified to clean the type of buildings you’re responsible for – whether commercial, office, industrial, institutional, or more.
Whatever your needs, choose to work with a cleaning company that can help you develop a customized cleaning routine.
2. Find Out What Services the Company Will Provide
In addition to basic dusting and vacuuming, what other cleaning services do the companies you’re considering provide?
Other services to look for include:
- Touch point cleaning
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning
- Hard floor cleaning
- Power washing
- Special event cleaning
Looking for a company offering a full suite of services means your day-to-day and seasonal cleaning needs will be covered.
3. Inquire about Training Requirements for the Company’s Staff
Your cleaning company should provide comprehensive training for new staff, continually educate its teams on the latest cleaning techniques and health and safety protocols, and prepare its employees to use the newest materials and equipment.
4. Examine the Company’s Certifications and Standards
It’s important to make sure your cleaning company maintains rigid standards of excellence (like Sunshine’s Quality Assurance Program) and holds the highest certifications. Commercial cleaning companies should also be fully bonded and insured.
It’s important you are able to communicate easily with your commercial cleaning company. To make it easy, some companies use web-based software (like CleanTelligent) to log cleaning details (including date and time of completion, inspection results, and work orders) and let customers keep track of progress at their convenience. If a problem arises, real-time feedback lets cleaning companies take immediate action.
5. Determine if the Company Is Committed to Green Cleaning
Green cleaning means taking a holistic approach, caring for buildings, their inhabitants, and the larger environment by using health- and eco-conscious materials and practices:
- Products and packaging that meet established health and safety criteria
- Microfiber technology (where applicable) to extend the life of scrubbing pads
- Equipment that reduces noise pollution
Green cleaning both minimizes negative impacts on the environment and reduces human exposure to harmful cleaning residues.
Working with an established, experienced cleaning company is the best way to ensure brilliant results and keep your buildings looking their best.
At Sunshine, we are committed to providing quality cleaning services guaranteed to meet your unique requirements. Contact us today to discuss your cleaning needs!
More on Commercial Cleaning from Sunshine:
- Microfiber vs. Cotton Cleaning Cloths: Which Is More Effective?
- Sunshine Uses Award Winning Cleaning Products
- Industrial Facilities: Top 3 Things You Need from Your Professional Cleaners
- How to Stay on Top of Summer Floor Care and Maintenance - July 10, 2018
- Celebrate World Environment Day by Prioritizing Green Cleaning! - June 5, 2018
- Preparing Schools for Cleaning and Maintenance During the Summer - May 22, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 4 Years with No Lost Time Injuries! - May 5, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter - March 28, 2018
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017
- Put Your Hands Together (and Then Scrub with Soap and Water) for Global Handwashing Day on October 15th - October 13, 2017