Are Green Office Cleaning Services Right For Your Business?
Maintaining a clean and sanitary office is essential to the success, safety, and wellbeing of your employees. Many businesses prefer to hire a professional cleaning service to take care of this rather than hiring a full-time janitor. However, not all cleaning companies hold themselves to the same standards.
If you are a business owner considering the services of commercial office cleaners and you’re concerned about maintaining the health and wellbeing of your employees, you should consider investing in an eco-friendly cleaning service.
Why Eco-Friendly Cleaning for Offices?
Green cleaning is an eco-conscious cleaning method that avoids the use of harsh and potentially dangerous chemicals. It minimizes chemical exposure, as the cleaning products are designed to be safe for the person using them, your employees, and the environment as a whole.
Safe cleaning products reduce the risk of aggravating existing health issues or causing new health concerns for your employees, such as asthma, allergies, headaches, the common cold, etc. That means fewer sick days, less “presenteeism” (when employees are present at the office but suffer from an illness that decreases their ability to work), and more productivity.
For a cleaning service to be considered “green”, they must use cleaning products and methods that are considered clean, safe, and environmentally-friendly. Of course, the products used for cleaning must still be able to clean and sanitize effectively. Many green cleaning companies also take extra measures to be certified through an industrial body that verifies that the methods and supplies used to clean are ecologically sound.
Businesses across the globe have begun recognize the growing benefits of going green and using eco-friendly cleaning products, and with good cause; a healthy environment is an important element of success. Many businesses are choosing green cleaning services and demonstrating responsible leadership in sustainability – not only protecting their employees and co-workers, but also investing in protecting our environment.
>> Sunshine Building Maintenance is focused on providing responsible, effective cleaning for buildings in southern Ontario. Contact us for a quote or to submit a request for proposal.
More on Healthy, Green Cleaning from Sunshine:
- Top 3 Tips to Make Workplaces Healthier and Reduce Absenteeism
- Green Cleaning Considerations for Carpets from the Carpet and Rug Institute
- Did You Know Common Cleaning Products Can Trigger Asthma?
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 1,500,000 Hours with No Lost Time Injuries! - December 21, 2017
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017
- Put Your Hands Together (and Then Scrub with Soap and Water) for Global Handwashing Day on October 15th - October 13, 2017
- The Benefits of Day Porter/Matron Cleaning Services for Your Office - September 29, 2017
- The Real Value of a Clean Building [Infographic] - September 13, 2017
- 3 Ways a Clean Bathroom Benefits Your Business - August 30, 2017
- Have You Heard about Sunshine’s High Ceiling Cleaning Services? - August 22, 2017
- Choosing Sunshine as Your Preferred Consumables Supplier - June 29, 2017