Are Green Office Cleaning Services Right For Your Business?
Maintaining a clean and sanitary office is essential to the success, safety, and wellbeing of your employees. Many businesses prefer to hire a professional cleaning service to take care of this rather than hiring a full-time janitor. However, not all cleaning companies hold themselves to the same standards.
If you are a business owner considering the services of commercial office cleaners and you’re concerned about maintaining the health and wellbeing of your employees, you should consider investing in an eco-friendly cleaning service.
Why Eco-Friendly Cleaning for Offices?
Green cleaning is an eco-conscious cleaning method that avoids the use of harsh and potentially dangerous chemicals. It minimizes chemical exposure, as the cleaning products are designed to be safe for the person using them, your employees, and the environment as a whole.
Safe cleaning products reduce the risk of aggravating existing health issues or causing new health concerns for your employees, such as asthma, allergies, headaches, the common cold, etc. That means fewer sick days, less “presenteeism” (when employees are present at the office but suffer from an illness that decreases their ability to work), and more productivity.
For a cleaning service to be considered “green”, they must use cleaning products and methods that are considered clean, safe, and environmentally-friendly. Of course, the products used for cleaning must still be able to clean and sanitize effectively. Many green cleaning companies also take extra measures to be certified through an industrial body that verifies that the methods and supplies used to clean are ecologically sound.
Businesses across the globe have begun recognize the growing benefits of going green and using eco-friendly cleaning products, and with good cause; a healthy environment is an important element of success. Many businesses are choosing green cleaning services and demonstrating responsible leadership in sustainability – not only protecting their employees and co-workers, but also investing in protecting our environment.
>> Sunshine Building Maintenance is focused on providing responsible, effective cleaning for buildings in southern Ontario. Contact us for a quote or to submit a request for proposal.
More on Healthy, Green Cleaning from Sunshine:
- Top 3 Tips to Make Workplaces Healthier and Reduce Absenteeism
- Green Cleaning Considerations for Carpets from the Carpet and Rug Institute
- Did You Know Common Cleaning Products Can Trigger Asthma?
- Keep Your Space Clean and Safe by Washing Your Hands - October 15, 2018
- How to Prepare Your Commercial Floors for the Cold Seasons - September 25, 2018
- Sunshine: Building A Commercial Cleaning and Maintenance Legacy - August 20, 2018
- How to Stay on Top of Summer Floor Care and Maintenance - July 10, 2018
- Celebrate World Environment Day by Prioritizing Green Cleaning! - June 5, 2018
- Preparing Schools for Cleaning and Maintenance During the Summer - May 22, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 4 Years with No Lost Time Injuries! - May 5, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter - March 28, 2018
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017