Green Cleaning Considerations for Carpets from the Carpet and Rug Institute
Your professional cleaning company should have a commitment to green cleaning embedded in their policies, processes, and products. Green cleaning is responsible cleaning – both in terms of environmental safety and in terms of building occupant health.
The Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) is an organization focused on educating consumers, facility managers, carpet cleaning manufacturers, carpet cleaning companies, and anyone else with an interest in carpets about topics relating to carpets and rugs. This includes health, environmental concerns, air quality, carpet lifespan, and cleaning products/equipment.
CRI has developed a “Green Label Program” (GLP) and a “Seal of Approval” (SOA) to help people make informed decisions about carpets and carpet cleaning products. As part of Sunshine’s green cleaning initiative – our “Healthy High Performance Program” – we use vacuum cleaners and carpet extractors that meet the CRI’s requirements.
Here is a list of performance attributes the CRI evaluates when approving carpet cleaning products and/or equipment:
- Soil removal efficacy
- Resoiling (does the cleaned sample attract soil at an accelerated rate?)
- Residual moisture (does the extractor remove most of the moisture?)
- Surface appearance change
- pH level
- Optical brighteners
Sunshine’s Carpet Cleaning Equipment
- Vacuums: Our vacuums boast a 96% removal of 0.3 micron debris and a less than 70 dBA sound level.
- Back Vacuums: With HEPA Level filtration, our Pro-Team Back Vacuums eliminate 99.97% of allergens and soiling that is 0.3 micron or larger.
- Hot Water Extractors: Hot water extractions are the best way to deep clean a carpet. Our hot water extraction equipment removes enough moisture for carpets to be dry in less than 12 to 24 hours.
Sunshine is committed to upholding high standards of cleaning, including green cleaning guidelines set by various reputable organizations, such as CRI, Green Seal, and Eco Logo.
>> Sunshine has been dedicated to responsible green cleaning for over 10 years. To discuss implementing a green cleaning program in your building, please contact us.
More about Green Cleaning from Sunshine:
- The Advantages of Green Cleaning for Commercial Buildings and Public Facilities
- How Is Day Cleaning Better for the Environment (And Your Budget)?
- Keep Your Space Clean and Safe by Washing Your Hands - October 15, 2018
- How to Prepare Your Commercial Floors for the Cold Seasons - September 25, 2018
- Sunshine: Building A Commercial Cleaning and Maintenance Legacy - August 20, 2018
- How to Stay on Top of Summer Floor Care and Maintenance - July 10, 2018
- Celebrate World Environment Day by Prioritizing Green Cleaning! - June 5, 2018
- Preparing Schools for Cleaning and Maintenance During the Summer - May 22, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 4 Years with No Lost Time Injuries! - May 5, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter - March 28, 2018
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017