Your professional cleaning company should have a commitment to green cleaning embedded in their policies, processes, and products. Green cleaning is responsible cleaning – both in terms of environmental safety and in terms of building occupant health.
Learn more about the importance of green cleaning.
The Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) is an organization focused on educating consumers, facility managers, carpet cleaning manufacturers, carpet cleaning companies, and anyone else with an interest in carpets about topics relating to carpets and rugs. This includes health, environmental concerns, air quality, carpet lifespan, and cleaning products/equipment.
CRI has developed a “Green Label Program” (GLP) and a “Seal of Approval” (SOA) to help people make informed decisions about carpets and carpet cleaning products. As part of Sunshine’s green cleaning initiative – our “Healthy High Performance Program” – we use vacuum cleaners and carpet extractors that meet the CRI’s requirements.
Here is a list of performance attributes the CRI evaluates when approving carpet cleaning products and/or equipment:
- Soil removal efficacy
- Resoiling (does the cleaned sample attract soil at an accelerated rate?)
- Residual moisture (does the extractor remove most of the moisture?)
- Surface appearance change
- pH level
- Optical brighteners
Visit the CRI website to learn more.
Sunshine’s Carpet Cleaning Equipment
- Vacuums: Our vacuums boast a 96% removal of 0.3 micron debris and a less than 70 dBA sound level.
- Back Vacuums: With HEPA Level filtration, our Pro-Team Back Vacuums eliminate 99.97% of allergens and soiling that is 0.3 micron or larger.
- Hot Water Extractors: Hot water extractions are the best way to deep clean a carpet. Our hot water extraction equipment removes enough moisture for carpets to be dry in less than 12 to 24 hours.
Sunshine is committed to upholding high standards of cleaning, including green cleaning guidelines set by various reputable organizations, such as CRI, Green Seal, and Eco Logo.
>> Sunshine has been dedicated to responsible green cleaning for over 10 years. To discuss implementing a green cleaning program in your building, please contact us.
More about Green Cleaning from Sunshine: