How Is Day Cleaning Better for the Environment (And Your Budget)?
You have likely heard of “day cleaning” before – it’s becoming an increasingly large trend in the cleaning industry. Many condominiums, offices, and commercial buildings are learning about the benefits of day cleaning, and changing their cleaning programs to include it.
Overnight cleaning has been the industry standard for a long time, but we’re starting to see a shift in the needs and desires of clients.
What Is Day Cleaning?
Day cleaning is when your cleaning company sends their team to do certain cleaning activities during the day, rather than overnight.
Cleaning tasks like disinfecting, dusting, taking out garbage containers, and so on, are easy for cleaners to complete while your employees or tenants are present. These tasks are quiet and don’t disturb the building occupants.
Depending on your specific building and your needs, a day cleaning program is typically customized to fit into your schedule.
How Is Day Cleaning Environmentally Friendly?
Do you want to reduce your facility’s energy consumption?
If you do, day cleaning might be the solution you’re looking for.
When a portion of the cleaning tasks are completed during the day, the cleaning staff does not have lights on for as long overnight when the building is not (or is less) occupied. You may think this wouldn’t make a big difference, but it does!
As referenced on Buildings, one corporation saved about $70,000 per year simply by instituting day cleaning. Rather than having lights and janitors until 2:30am, the lights were off and the janitors were gone by 9:00pm. The heating and/or air conditioning can also be turned down if the building isn’t in use overnight.
As you can see, day cleaning can make a real difference.
As more corporations and organizations take a greater interest in being eco-friendly, day cleaning is becoming a more widespread option. It’s a great alternative to traditional cleaning programs; it not only helps reduce your environmental footprint, but saves money too!
>> Sunshine Building Maintenance will be happy to customize the right cleaning program for your specific needs. Contact us now to get a quote!
More from Sunshine:
- The 4 Key Benefits of Day Cleaning
- Top 3 Benefits of Professional Cleaning Services
- What is Cleantelligent?
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 1,500,000 Hours with No Lost Time Injuries! - December 21, 2017
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017
- Put Your Hands Together (and Then Scrub with Soap and Water) for Global Handwashing Day on October 15th - October 13, 2017
- The Benefits of Day Porter/Matron Cleaning Services for Your Office - September 29, 2017
- The Real Value of a Clean Building [Infographic] - September 13, 2017
- 3 Ways a Clean Bathroom Benefits Your Business - August 30, 2017
- Have You Heard about Sunshine’s High Ceiling Cleaning Services? - August 22, 2017
- Choosing Sunshine as Your Preferred Consumables Supplier - June 29, 2017