4 Tips for Preparing Your Office for Springtime Carpet Cleaning
Winter can be tough on carpets. With spring in the air, it’s time to start thinking about sprucing them up – undertaking a thorough, deep clean to remove stubborn wintertime grime.
Cleaning the carpets throughout your office can be a costly, time-consuming task if you do it yourself. A professional office cleaning company is ready to do the heavy lifting, bringing the best equipment and teams to get the job done right.
Check out these 4 tips for preparing the carpets in your office for their springtime cleanup:
1. Vacuum Your Carpets Beforehand
Vacuuming your carpets before deep cleaning them will lift and remove loose surface soils, ensuring a more effective clean.
Many professional office cleaning companies will offer to vacuum your carpets before deep cleaning them (sometimes at an additional cost). Make sure you clarify the services they will provide before they arrive so you can properly prepare.
2. Clear Carpeted Areas
You should try to move as much unfixed furniture and as many miscellaneous items as possible. Although there are pieces that can’t be moved – including cubicles – make sure rolling chairs are out of the way, computers are off the floor, and personal belongings are cleared.
While discussing your carpet cleaning service, make sure you find out:
- Which pieces of furniture need to be moved and which don’t
- If the company will move furniture as part of (or in addition to) their carpet cleaning services
If there are any items you can’t move easily – whether they’re too heavy or delicate – make sure you point them out so cleaners can work around them.
3. Pin Up Full-Length Draperies
Long-hanging drapes should be at least 6 inches off the floor. If there are any skirts on furniture, those should also be lifted.
Again, always ask your cleaning services provider if they will handle these tasks for you.
4. Inspect Your Carpets
Your cleaners will do an inspection upon their arrival, but it’s important to assess your carpet before they arrive.
- Take a walk to survey the area being cleaned.
- Pay particular attention to any areas that have been hidden by furniture.
- Take into account the regular traffic patterns in your office, so you can find and focus on high-traffic areas.
- Locate spots and stains on your carpet. If you know what caused them, make sure you communicate that information when your cleaners arrive so they can tailor their approach.
Upon their arrival, take cleaners on a tour of your office to highlight any issues you discovered and point out high-traffic areas. This will guarantee a complete, thorough clean.
Keeping Your Carpet Clean Year Round
To keep your carpets looking their best all year, make sure you:
- Vacuum Your Carpets Regularly
Foot traffic coming and going from your building brings with it dirt, dust, and other contaminants that can settle and bury themselves into your carpet if left unattended. This can cause permanent staining and long-term damage.
- Clean Spills and Stains Quickly
Make sure you get to spills close to when they happen to remove them more easily.
It’s important that you do not scrub the stain. That will only work it into your carpet’s fibers, spreading it around and making it harder to remove. Instead try blotting it to lift it gently.
- Work with Experienced Office Cleaning Professionals
Professional office cleaning companies have the experience, equipment, and teams to keep your carpets looking their best year round, tailoring cleaning solutions to meet your needs and schedule.
Developing a cleaning routine, which includes taking steps to keep your carpets clean and healthy, will create a clean, welcome, and healthy workplace environment for employees and guests.
At Sunshine, our trained cleaning professionals clean over 8,000,000 square feet of carpeting every year. Contact us today to learn more about our services!
More on carpet cleaning from Sunshine:
- Get a Thorough Clean for Your Office
- 3 Small Ways to Make Your Building Cleaner
- How to Keep Stains Off Your Carpets with Preventative Cleaning
- Keep Your Space Clean and Safe by Washing Your Hands - October 15, 2018
- How to Prepare Your Commercial Floors for the Cold Seasons - September 25, 2018
- Sunshine: Building A Commercial Cleaning and Maintenance Legacy - August 20, 2018
- How to Stay on Top of Summer Floor Care and Maintenance - July 10, 2018
- Celebrate World Environment Day by Prioritizing Green Cleaning! - June 5, 2018
- Preparing Schools for Cleaning and Maintenance During the Summer - May 22, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 4 Years with No Lost Time Injuries! - May 5, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter - March 28, 2018
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017