Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance!
The Sunshine team would like to wish all of our clients and Suppliers a safe and wonderful holiday season – and a Happy New Year!
Our Holiday Hours
- December 24th – Half Day; Closed at 1:00pm
- December 25th – Closed
- December 26th – Closed
- December 31st – Half Day; Closed at 1:00pm
- January 1st – Closed
We can work out special schedules with individual clients over the holidays, to ensure any extra work is completed around their own holiday schedules. Contact us if you need to discuss your holiday cleaning schedule.
Cleaning Over the Holidays
Does your building or office have time off to spend with loved ones over the holidays?
Most businesses and buildings have some degree of shutdown – whether it’s a complete closure or working with a skeleton crew – during this time. That means it’s the perfect time to have those more extensive cleaning tasks done!
Here are the top two cleaning jobs that are ideal for this time of year:
If you want shiny, attractive hard flooring in your building, regular floor refinishing is a must.
Floor stripping and refinishing is an essential component of a proper floor maintenance plan. It gets rid of stains, old wax, and stubborn soiling that can’t be swept or mopped away.
However, floor refinishing can mean closing a whole floor or area of the building while the cleaners do their work – unless the building occupants are already out of the building for the holidays!
Your carpets are another area of your building that need to be frequently cleaned with care. This is particularly vital during the winter months, when snow, slush, and salt from outdoors are ground into the carpet fibers by pedestrian feet.
Remember: Carpets conceal their soiling for a long time before you can see any marks. By the time the carpets start to look grimy and unpleasant, they’ve had far too much time to absorb the dirt.
Although every carpet cleaning method needs to be used appropriately through the winter, we highly recommend the hot water extraction method over the holiday break. It’s the method that offers the deepest clean, removing even the most stubborn, deeply penetrated slush and dirt.
This, too, is great maintenance item to check off your list over the holiday season while building occupants are off-premise.
>> Please enjoy your holidays with friends and family!
More on hard floor and carpet cleaning from Sunshine:
- Be Prepared! Get Your Building Ready for Winter Now
- Your Hard Floors Will Shine with Regular Burnishing and Buffing
- 3 Carpet Cleaning Methods You Need to Use This Winter
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 1,500,000 Hours with No Lost Time Injuries! - December 21, 2017
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017
- Put Your Hands Together (and Then Scrub with Soap and Water) for Global Handwashing Day on October 15th - October 13, 2017
- The Benefits of Day Porter/Matron Cleaning Services for Your Office - September 29, 2017
- The Real Value of a Clean Building [Infographic] - September 13, 2017
- 3 Ways a Clean Bathroom Benefits Your Business - August 30, 2017
- Have You Heard about Sunshine’s High Ceiling Cleaning Services? - August 22, 2017
- Choosing Sunshine as Your Preferred Consumables Supplier - June 29, 2017