Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance!
The Sunshine team would like to wish all of our clients and Suppliers a safe and wonderful holiday season – and a Happy New Year!
Our Holiday Hours
- December 24th – Half Day; Closed at 1:00pm
- December 25th – Closed
- December 26th – Closed
- December 31st – Half Day; Closed at 1:00pm
- January 1st – Closed
We can work out special schedules with individual clients over the holidays, to ensure any extra work is completed around their own holiday schedules. Contact us if you need to discuss your holiday cleaning schedule.
Cleaning Over the Holidays
Does your building or office have time off to spend with loved ones over the holidays?
Most businesses and buildings have some degree of shutdown – whether it’s a complete closure or working with a skeleton crew – during this time. That means it’s the perfect time to have those more extensive cleaning tasks done!
Here are the top two cleaning jobs that are ideal for this time of year:
If you want shiny, attractive hard flooring in your building, regular floor refinishing is a must.
Floor stripping and refinishing is an essential component of a proper floor maintenance plan. It gets rid of stains, old wax, and stubborn soiling that can’t be swept or mopped away.
However, floor refinishing can mean closing a whole floor or area of the building while the cleaners do their work – unless the building occupants are already out of the building for the holidays!
Your carpets are another area of your building that need to be frequently cleaned with care. This is particularly vital during the winter months, when snow, slush, and salt from outdoors are ground into the carpet fibers by pedestrian feet.
Remember: Carpets conceal their soiling for a long time before you can see any marks. By the time the carpets start to look grimy and unpleasant, they’ve had far too much time to absorb the dirt.
Although every carpet cleaning method needs to be used appropriately through the winter, we highly recommend the hot water extraction method over the holiday break. It’s the method that offers the deepest clean, removing even the most stubborn, deeply penetrated slush and dirt.
This, too, is great maintenance item to check off your list over the holiday season while building occupants are off-premise.
>> Please enjoy your holidays with friends and family!
More on hard floor and carpet cleaning from Sunshine:
- Be Prepared! Get Your Building Ready for Winter Now
- Your Hard Floors Will Shine with Regular Burnishing and Buffing
- 3 Carpet Cleaning Methods You Need to Use This Winter
- Keep Your Space Clean and Safe by Washing Your Hands - October 15, 2018
- How to Prepare Your Commercial Floors for the Cold Seasons - September 25, 2018
- Sunshine: Building A Commercial Cleaning and Maintenance Legacy - August 20, 2018
- How to Stay on Top of Summer Floor Care and Maintenance - July 10, 2018
- Celebrate World Environment Day by Prioritizing Green Cleaning! - June 5, 2018
- Preparing Schools for Cleaning and Maintenance During the Summer - May 22, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 4 Years with No Lost Time Injuries! - May 5, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter - March 28, 2018
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017