Get a Thorough Clean for Newly Constructed Buildings
To be move-in ready for opening day, new buildings typically need a thorough clean. All those little, often overlooked, spots should be spic-and-span. After all, it’s a freshly constructed building; it should look and feel fresh throughout!
Cleaning a new building can’t be rushed – it requires hard work and attention to detail.
Here are just a few of the areas that need to be properly cleaned in a new building:
Hard floors should be auto-washed, sealed, waxed, and scrubbed.
They show dirt and scuff marks easily, so special care must be taken to bring them up to high move-in-ready standards. By the time the cleaning company is done, the hard floors should shine.
Carpets should be cleaned with hot-water extraction, pile lifting, vacuuming, and/or bonnet surface cleaning.
Any carpets in the new building may already suffer from dust and soiling, ground into the fibers by the feet of the construction crew. Depending on the needs of each building, different carpet cleaning and maintenance methods can be used to ensure a thorough carpet clean.
Windows, Walls, Ceilings, and Doors
Dust settles on everything. A highly detailed clean of every surface is necessary for post-construction cleaning, from windows to light fixtures – and everything in between. These areas must be cleaned of dust, marks, and scuffs.
High-powered HEPA vacuums are ideal for removing the largest amount of dust possible and improving the air quality of the new building.
Parking Lots and Garages
If the new construction involved a parking lot or garage, it should be auto-swept and power washed (also known as high-pressure washing). A clean parking garage will make a great first impression on the new building occupants.
Each of these places in post-construction buildings need to be scrubbed and cleaned until they look as good as new – which of course, they are!
More from Sunshine:
- Your Hard Floors Will Shine with Regular Burnishing and Buffing
- How to Prevent Graffiti on Your Building
- Top 3 Benefits of Professional Cleaning Services
- How to Stay on Top of Summer Floor Care and Maintenance - July 10, 2018
- Celebrate World Environment Day by Prioritizing Green Cleaning! - June 5, 2018
- Preparing Schools for Cleaning and Maintenance During the Summer - May 22, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 4 Years with No Lost Time Injuries! - May 5, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter - March 28, 2018
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017
- 3 Things You Can Do to Plan Ahead for Ice and Snow - December 6, 2017
- 7 Rules of Etiquette for Cleaning Open Office Spaces - October 26, 2017
- Put Your Hands Together (and Then Scrub with Soap and Water) for Global Handwashing Day on October 15th - October 13, 2017