What Are Day Porter (or Day Matron) Cleaning Services?
Keeping your building looking professional and clean between your regularly scheduled cleaning services can be a challenge. So many little things can arise, like mud from a rainy day in your lobby or a flickering light bulb near the second floor elevators.
You need to maintain a high level of appearance in your building. That’s why a day porter (or matron) can be an invaluable help to the busy facility manager or business owner.
What Does a Day Porter Do?
A day porter is responsible for making sure your building looks clean, presentable, and inviting at all times – especially between routine cleaning maintenance activities. They also ensure the building is safe for all occupants if any unexpected incidents arise, like slippery floors or broken glass.
Discreetly and without intruding on the day-to-day activities in your building, a day porter will operate in the background to ensure everything is taken care of to your standards.
Here are some of the duties a day porter would perform, depending on your needs:
- Keep lobbies clean
- Keep common areas clean
- Keep washrooms clean
- Restock supplies in washrooms as necessary
- Perform minor maintenance, such as replacing burnt out light bulbs
- Clean and prepare kitchen, cafeteria, and/or break rooms (particularly before and after busy times)
- Clean and prepare conference rooms before VIP visitors and after meetings
- Perform continuous touch-point cleaning to reduce the spread of illness by eliminating bacteria and germs
- Respond to spills and other cleaning emergencies
- Remove or warn of safety hazards, such as objects in the way of pedestrians or wet floors
- Remove litter and debris from entrances and parking lots
- Superintendent coverage
A day porter can perform all of these duties, some of these duties, or additional agreed-upon duties – whatever you require. Sunshine Building Maintenance will work with you to customize a cleaning schedule, including day porter routines, staffing level, and duties, to meet your building’s unique needs.
Stay tuned for our next post, which will explore why a day porter might be right for your building!
>> Sunshine Building Maintenance will customize your cleaning routine to your specific requirements and ensure your day porter is the right ‘fit’. Contact us today!
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Things Facility Managers Need to Consider for Proper Hard Floor Maintenance
- Your Office Is Dirtier Than You Think [Infographic]
- Effectively Clean Carpets with Hot Water Extraction
Latest posts by Mark Brouwers (see all)
- University Residence Cleaning - September 20, 2019
- Keep Your Space Clean and Safe by Washing Your Hands - October 15, 2018
- How to Prepare Your Commercial Floors for the Cold Seasons - September 25, 2018