5 Things You Need to Do When Evaluating Professional Cleaning Companies
You want your business space to make a good first impression with anyone who passes by or comes in, whether they’re a member of your staff or a VIP guest. When it comes to finding a professional cleaning company to keep your building looking welcoming and inviting, it’s not just about finding a cleaner. It’s about finding the right cleaner.
Keep reading to learn the five things you need to watch for when looking for a professional cleaning company to service your building:
1. Experienced in Cleaning Your Type of Building
The cleaning company you trust to look after your space needs to have the experience to provide thorough, effective, and tailored services.
2. Offering Relevant Cleaning Services
Popular cleaning services include:
- Day Porter/Matron Services: Day porters and matrons ensure your building stays clean in between regular cleaning sessions, providing services like common area maintenance, conference room preparation, washroom freshening, and more. Day porter and matron services are ideally suited for highly trafficked spaces including lobbies and retail environments.
- Touch Point Cleaning: This type of cleaning targets touch points, surfaces like door handles and light switches which come into frequent contact by multiple people, to get rid of germs and bacteria. Touch point cleaning is especially important for offices, schools, long-term care facilities, and healthcare settings.
- Hard Floor Cleaning: Hard floors need special care to keep them free of dirt, spills, and scuffs. Regular maintenance measures include sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping, though some surfaces also need to be buffed or polished one or more times per year to keep them looking their best.
- Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning: Carpets can be prone to wear and tear caused by the accumulation of dirt and dust, occasional spills, and everyday use. You need to vacuum regularly and deep clean carpets as needed, especially if they’re located in busy areas.
- Power Washing: Power washing (or high-pressure washing) enables you to safely and effectively clean sidewalks, pavements, parking garages, and other exterior areas of your building.
3. Upholding Certifications and Standards
Look for stand-out features like:
- A quality assurance program.
- Number of hours with no lost time injuries.
- Insurance and bonding.
4. Making Communication Easy
Communicating with your cleaning company and keeping track of their work shouldn’t be a challenge. With a web-based tool (like Cleantelligent), a company can enable their employees to log and monitor the cleaning process (work orders, time and date of completion, and results from inspections). If a problem occurs, you’ll be able to provide immediate feedback so your cleaners can take quick action.
5. Committing to Green, Sustainable Cleaning
Green cleaning is about caring for buildings, the people inside them, and the larger environment through the use of eco-friendly, health-conscious materials and practices.
Look for a professional cleaning company that uses:
- Products that follow established health and safety criteria.
- Microfiber technology, which will extend the lives of cleaning materials and reduce waste.
- Equipment and techniques that operate efficiently and minimize noise pollution
Finding the cleaning company best suited to your unique needs will ensure you get a stress-free and thorough clean for your building.
Sunshine Building Maintenance is a leading janitorial services company in Southern Ontario, providing professional cleaning services with a personal touch to a diverse customer base. Contact us today to discuss your cleaning needs!
More from Sunshine:
- 3 Ways to Boost Hand Hygiene
- Identifying and Preventing Slip, Trip, and Fall Hazards
- Understanding the Difference between Cleaners, Sanitizers, and Disinfectants
- Keep Your Space Clean and Safe by Washing Your Hands - October 15, 2018
- How to Prepare Your Commercial Floors for the Cold Seasons - September 25, 2018
- Sunshine: Building A Commercial Cleaning and Maintenance Legacy - August 20, 2018
- How to Stay on Top of Summer Floor Care and Maintenance - July 10, 2018
- Celebrate World Environment Day by Prioritizing Green Cleaning! - June 5, 2018
- Preparing Schools for Cleaning and Maintenance During the Summer - May 22, 2018
- We’re Proud to Announce That We’ve Added Another Milestone to Our Collection: 4 Years with No Lost Time Injuries! - May 5, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: How to Take Care of Your Floors After Winter - March 28, 2018
- 3 Things You Can Do to Defend Yourself against This Year’s Flu - February 9, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Sunshine Building Maintenance! - December 19, 2017